Friday, February 18, 2011

It's the Small Things That Count

Driving home from work I was "flipping" through the channels and arrived at a station in time to hear something about birthdays. This had nothing to do with the song that had just played, or the next one coming up. The speaker must have simply had birthdays on her mind.

Anyway, she was sharing how we may long for a surprise party (not ME, maybe that will be something to write about...) or some sort of wonderful getaway mini-trip, but really it's the little things that count. I thought, though I had never longed for a birthday getaway mini-trip or a surprise party, I've known those who have. Of course those things are not BAD, but if you don't get either one, it is important to be thankful for what you do get.

"Don't forget to be thankful." I thought "Okay, good reminder."

I thus began considering some simple thing I could do to make a birthday special. While this transpired I heard the woman say:

"It could be as small as writing someone a song."

What?! In what world is that small?

2 comments:

Zaiah 'n Lis said...

Well it depends on the song.

Osanna said...

Ahhh, good perspective! You're wonderful.