Monday, November 24, 2008

Marshmallow Chronicles

Book One:
A few weekends ago I went to a bonfire. We roasted food for dinner and then sat around visiting and playing music. It was a great night!
Awhile after dinner finished s'more fixings were taken out and folks started making the tasty treat. I switched seats and had to move a cup so I wouldn't have to worry about bumping it.
Strangely after moving the cup, I felt something poking my left arm. Someone had left an open sided s'more on the arm of the bench and it was now stuck to me.
I was thankful the chocolate had not gotten all over me. I was quick to wash up my vest and shirt (yes, it had gotten both!) and hope that the stain would not set. (It didn't - thankfully!)

Book Two:
Last weekend I went to a BBQ. It was a very fun night. Again there was a bonfire and well - you just need s'mores to go with fire right? I was playing the fiddle - but was rather squished from my neighbor and scooted back to give my bowing arm a bit more space. I realized that I'd bumped something behind me and so - with my chin I held the fiddle up and reached with my left hand to catch what was falling. A marshmallow roasting stick! I caught the marshmallowed part with my hand. As I was figuring out how to get the marshmallow goo off my hand (it wasn't really much at all - but you know - it's sticky and I didn't want it on the fiddle!!!) I realized that I had gotten the bow stuck in my earring! Thankfully I was still sitting close enough to my neighbor to quietly ask for help. Once my bow was free from the earring I cleaned off my hand and was able to continue playing as though nothing had happened.

1 comment:

Ivanna said...

Sounds like the weather is really nice. Two BBQ's in NOVEMBER?! Oh, wait. The weather IS really nice. I was at those two BBQ's. (And how wonderful is it to have a fire to sit around?)