Friday, November 21, 2008

Contra Dance

A few weeks ago my family was invited to a dance some friends were putting on. The dance was a delightful time. We were able to enjoy food, friends and of course dancing (the point!)
Ivanna and a friend got really excited about dancing, this is easy to do... dancing is great, and I was emailed about dances happening around Santa Cruz. A group of us decided to go to one!
The dance met at the Vets Hall in Santa Cruz and had a "beginners class" 20 minutes before the dance started.
There were many people there. And everyone seemed helpful and excited about helping the beginners. It was particularly nice because people were encouraged to dance with people they didn't know - the fact is I only danced 3 dances with people I knew. The rest of the dances were with strangers!
There are a lot of dances happening around the community. I was told that each one is different. As in the size, style, age range etc. I'm hoping to go to dances at other venues and see if I notice a difference.
Fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

Matt said...

What kind of dance was at the Vets Hall?