Thursday, November 13, 2008

Netflix

Our family signed up for Nexflix a few weeks ago. It appeared to be a well thought out and reasonable plan. We don't watch TV - but do enjoy watching movies every now and then. And Netflix allowed us to rent movies from the comfort of our own home.
The error was made for me to head up the movie queue. That's right - the worst movie chooser in our family. We figured that because I'm also the most picky movie watcher it still made sense.
It didn't. I have fully abdicated my Netflix Movie Picker thrown. I will not add one more movie to our queue! Ever-single-movie-has-been-awful!
Uriah was trying to coach me last night as he looked at the next movie that came. "Osanna, actors can tell you about a movie. For example, if Mandy Moore is in it - you don't add it to the queue." That was said after he read the cover for "How To Deal."
I reason that because I don't really know a thing about actors/actresses it shouldn't be completely held against me.
Ivanna and Uriah have stepped up to the thrown and will be selecting movies from now on. I'm looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Rosie said...

I love Netflix! add me as your Netflix friend or tell whoever is in charge of the account to add me.

Anonymous said...

The customized movie ratings are supposed to be the most accurate in the world, by far. You're supposed to rate all the movies you've seen and it hooks you up with other movies it thinks you'll like. Of course, with a shared account you have to average out people's feelings about movies.

Kyle has hijacked the queue a couple times. We have a rule now that no movie can be moved any higher than #4 in the queue (ours is about 30 movies long).

Krista said...

You can add people as friends and see what they have enjoyed. Alot of times this helps you get some really neat movies you may have otherwise not even heard of!

Becky or MomS/Gram said...

Lis has pretty good taste in movies! I have rented many that she reviewed and liked and we liked them too. We just watched "The Fall" last night and the little girl reminded me so much of Providence, not so much looks, just the way she talked and some of her expressions. I really liked what I saw before I fell asleep. I actually saw the end and the beginning, because Jim watched most of it by himself while I was grocery shopping and then we started to watch it together. I will watch ALL of it tonight. Add me as a friend too please!