Friday, November 14, 2008

Worst Taste

We got a new light for our blue bathroom. It's very nice! My dad bought it in Idaho because he found it for $10.00 and had been wanting a new fixture for some time. A few weeks ago we finally installed it. It looked pretty nice (he also rewired the switched, which had been in the hallway! And added a dimmer switch. The whole thing looks and works quite well.)
Papa took my Mum on a date last night and they went to Home Depot of all places, to get lampshades as the fixture was missing them. (There was a reason it was $10.00)




Somehow Ivanna and I couldn't hide our disappointment and puzzlement. Why this kind of shade? It doesn't even go with anything. Nor does it look good! Daddy said that he wanted to get frosted glass lampshades, but thought this was okay. My mother started laughing and said "I knew it! I knew it! I have the worst taste - ever!"

She doesn't have the worst taste ever - but this sort of did indicate that she did!

(Mama really did laugh about this and said it'd be okay if I posted something about it. And I think we're going to try and get something that matches a bit better with the other new fixtures!)

4 comments:

Lis said...

Poor mom, at least she has you guys there to help!

Ivanna said...

Just so you know the picture makes it look a TON better.

Becky or MomS/Gram said...

Hahaha. That's really funny. I actually kinda like that shade! It used to be all the rage in the not too distant past (or am I just getting older and not knowing it yet?)

big hair betty said...

Ha, this is funny! Your parents are too cute! I was going to say that it doesn't look that bad, but I guess I'll believe what Ivanna said!