Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Apples in the Fall










It is such a delight to spend time in the kitchen. My friend Hua came over early this week to make Apple Butter and Apple Pie. I enjoyed cooking, canning, and singing. But most of all, I enjoyed visiting together. I felt kind of like a sponge soaking up water.


Her son Kapailani, helped with labeling the Apple Butter.
Please note the "ER" are up by the Kerr label.






Her son Nainoa sat on a plum outside while cleaning a paint brush. How is that not hilarious?! I tried so hard not to laugh, but then exploded in laugher behind my uno cards. I reasoned this was okay because I had laughed at myself when I spilled Apple Butter all over my own pants. He is the best of sports because he thought it was funny too. Thankfully he's tall, because he fit nicely into Uriah's shorts while his got stain treated (and I got up from my uno game to do the stain treatment. So don't think me too cruel!) Children are great sources of jokes and laughs!

9 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love your blog Osanna. You always are doing something interesting.
Mary Anne

Ivanna said...

Yeah, I know how great it is to laugh. That pie was AMAZING! I didn't know an apple pie could taste so great.

Lis said...

Children are a great source for laughter, and so are sisters! Miss you and your ready-to-do-more ways.

Rosie said...

Sounds sooo fun. I can nearly imagine myself laughing along side you in your kitchen.

big hair betty said...

MMMmmmm, sounds great! But, isn't it a little early for apples?? We just started eating tomatoes!

Osanna said...

Yes, it is a bit early for apples. We have one tree that bares fruit in mid-late August. Our other apple tree doesn't start until mid-late September.
Perhaps that is part of why the apples are so amazingly delish.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Hey you! Great blog! =D What is apple butter? I'm curious. What do you do with it? And I remember the apple trees at your house! I think we had a day or 2 a long time ago where we picked a bunch of them and cored and peeled them and all that good stuff. So cool. I can't wait till one day when Mike and I finally find a house and I can start my own fruit trees and what not. It's nice to grow your own food. And your pie looks amazing!

Deb said...

I agree on all the goodies looking yummy. Lauren has a great Apple Butter recipe that you do in the crockpot. You should compare sometime!
Those Johsens are sure fun to be around!