Saturday, August 16, 2008

Family

My "cousin" is in town. I write "cousin" because he is my sisters-husbands-cousin. A bit distant right? Anyway, our families have always been close, and he married one of my dearest friends.
My cousins moved away to Texas before Nick was deployed. He's been gone for 9 months and is only home for 2 weeks before leaving again for 5 more months. They decided to spend a week here in California so all the family could catch up too! I've enjoyed a few visits with him, but even more with my Cousin Rose and their two daughters.
I love having a tired little child come up to me and ask me to hold her. Or a packing a bag full of treats for church so the youngsters will be excited. And getting excited about bugs and baby chicks and walks all over again because life is just exciting when you're with children! Pretty much I love everything about being Auntie Osanna.

1 comment:

Ivanna said...

I love being Auntie Iv, so I know what you mean. It's great having so many nieces!