Saturday, August 16, 2008

Because We Can!




Ivanna and I worked on getting things cleaned up in our bedroom. Our new set up has proven to be awesome! But we STILL aren't completely unpacked. We are getting way closer - but days like today keep us from saying "We're done!"
The Trouble:
Our dear friends and renters have bought a house and are moving away soon. The last two renters we've had have been amazing (my sister, and the Johnson's) and they will be hard to replace. There is one excellent family I am praying will be able to move in, but there we don't know for sure if it will work.
Anyway! As a result papa has been talking about possibly having strangers move in. This wouldn't be much of a problem, except the house is 5 short steps from ours. And my bedroom faces that house. I've been thinking... what if they are young people who stay up late? What if they keep me awake at night?!
The Solution:
Thursday night I came up with a pretty noise barrier idea. A tall fence (but lattice rather then fencing as we had two extra pieces on hand.) And pink jasmine growing through it. Everyone liked the idea and I felt like it couldn't wait. So I asked Ivanna and Uriah to help today, and we finished this project. Another project completed!

2 comments:

Lis said...

Pretty, and looking forward to seeing it in person.

Matt said...

How much is the rent? I need to find a new place.