Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pain

I've been thinking about adoption and pain. 
My good friend Anastasia is writing a blog post
per day about adoption for November. 
(Which is National Adoption Awareness Month). 
Anyway, adoption is something I care about. God uses the 
word adoption when he speaks about building His family. 
The thoughts swirl in my mind. Why do these little children have to suffer. 
The pain is intense - there is REAL, DEEP HURT.
Driving in the car this morning with Anastasia talking this over, 
my reaction was to nearly break down in tears.  
(Which was surprising to me - I don't think of myself as a crier.)
As we talked I realized that we all have hurts throughout our lives.
Whether it be something big or small -
having our pain acknowledged is important
and helpful
and healing.
And that's part of what life is about.
Learning how to hurt and heal.

No comments: