Thursday, November 29, 2012

Heavy Heart & Sad Eyes

You know that moment when you get news...
Bad news...
And you know it's going to hurt.
And keep on hurting...
My dear friends Christy and Ian got that kind of news.
They found out that Ian has 

Leukemia.

Ugly word.
Painful word.
Bad word.

And when I went to pray for them I was 
reminded of something
Ian said to me. 

A few years ago Christy got cancer.
Afterward, Ian said it was one of the best things that happened to their family.
Because it focused his eyes on Jesus.
And it taught him what things were things of importance.

And knowing Ian I agree. He is a better man now.

And so when I prayed for him I asked that this story would reflect that story.

Would you join me in praying for this lovely family?

That this cancer would bring even more focus to their lives.
That more people would be touched by their stories.
That this would enlarge their ministry.
That his life would be spared.
That Christy would be strong and courageous.
That their daughters would be comforted by their heavenly father,
who never grows weary or weak.
That peace and joy would permeate their lives. 



2 comments:

Steph said...

Amen. And well said sweet sister.

from me to you - Kathy T said...

So sorry to hear this, Osanna. Plz post a photo of Christy and Ian if you can. Link it to FB and me, if you would. Your words hold power, Osanna. Really touched my heart. <3