Tuesday, May 10, 2011

More Bees - Pt. 2

So you last read that I fell in love with bees.

As time when on I continued to love bees. I would read about them - look at them - and dream about keeping them. I went to an art class and there met a woman who kept bees. We talked about bees pretty often.

My passion grew. I asked my dad if I could get bees and keep them at our house in SV. But after careful consideration the answer was no. My heart was broken.

But then, as I was working on an art project (it was an advertisement for honey no less!) I randomly prayed.

Basically I told God that I knew he cared about me. And that I knew he could send some bees my way if he wanted to do it.

Really, the prayer just sort of jumped out of me before I even thought about it. Bees? Who prays that God will send some? But I did - and thought little of it. Until...

I looked out my bedroom window the next day. In the tree right outside my bedroom window was a swarm of bees. They stayed around for the summer, over-wintered, and remained for the next year too.

While living there they never, ever stung a person. A perfect hive!

2 comments:

Zaiah 'n Lis said...

And it made you so happy! Have they moved? -Lis

David L. Bertsch said...

I just was checking yesterday and the bees are gone again.