Monday, May 2, 2011

Food, Friends, Falling Trees

Today I went to my friends baby shower. I got to visit with some friends – which I enjoyed of course. I walked one dear friend out to her car and we got to talk a little bit. I reflected on how sweet it is just to be near her. She knows me. I don’t have to work to make her understand. There is enough shared history for her to on her own.

I’m living in a new place with really kind people. But, there is so much to learn. I’ve never lived with non-family. I don’t always understand the nuances of conversation. I don’t always know where I should fit in. It’s tricky knowing what I should and shouldn’t do. Knowing and being known is a tremendous blessing. 

After the shower I went out with my friend Kendall. We were able to visit and share some deep conversation. It was wonderful and meaningful, and I’m glad for it. We stopped at Starbucks and I got a coffee drink. (That should surprise you!) And guess what? I liked it! Yummy. How many other things am I going to find I like as time moves on?
Kendall and Osanna
(Here's the coffee drink. It's got whipped cream and no doubt 
copious amounts of sugar, no wonder it tasted good!)

I came back up to the farm to see some work had been done with the trees. Hurray for big strong boys. I love a can do attitude – and these fellows sure have it!

No comments: