Monday, May 2, 2011

Coffee Chronicals

Well, in my last post, you would have seen that I drank some sort of cold coffee/sugar drink. After that extremely successful coffee experience I was feeling pretty kindly toward the drink that I had formerly despised.

And so, the next week I went to a coffee shop and got a drink (maybe it was a latte, or a mocha, or an americana, or well...) And I like that drink just fine. So I got another a few days later. My plan was just to randomly order something off the menu and see what I thought. And so I ordered the above mentioned list. Although not in that order. Things were going well.

(I had a little, tiny misgiving about the idea of drinking something to keep myself awake. In the back of my head I remembered that I'd thought that was a bad, bad idea for living a fully functional life.)

But, I was amazed at how much the coffee allowed me to function on tiny amounts of sleep. It was fantastic. I was so impressed with the wonder of it, that I told a friend (who is NOT a coffee drinker) about the greatness of the drink.

I said when you're really tired you should try drinking a cup of coffee.
He said that never, ever, would he start drinking coffee.
I suggested that he ought to reconsider.
He said there wasn't a chance.
I laughed at him.

Later that day, I went to bed. But I didn't fall asleep. Instead, as I struggled to recline in bed, while being extremely tired, yet fidgety and restless, I laughed at myself. The coffee was keeping me up! All that caffeine was doing its grand work.

So, after a brief and delightful coffee fling, I'm back to a coffee free life. And I'm loving it.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Welcome back to the coffee free life. We missed you. It's better over here.