Thursday, March 24, 2011

Knowing Me...

Some people that know me know this: I love rules. I actually do. I don't like stupid rules, and I don't particularly like rules that other people make. But I do like my rules. I make rules for myself about a lot of things.

Examples?
If I think I'm reading more than I should, maybe for two weeks I can only read two chapters a day.
Another? I have to visually see my keys (in purse or hand) before locking my car. (Some of these rules are useful you know!)

Well I also have a blogging rule. Once I "publish" something I cannot edit it. That means, my misspellings, typos, uses of wrong words, wretched sentences... all of it, stays.

When I read over something I've written, I get to laugh rather than edit. And that's a wonderful thing.

3 comments:

Krista said...

I have the same rule with my keys. Never push lock and shut the door unless I can see the keys, or am touching them with my other hand. Some people might say it's obsessive, but I haven't been locked out of my car since I started doing it!

Osanna said...

I put that rule in play after (weirdly) I threw my keys away and had to get a new key cut because I only had one. It was a costly nightmare really. And it gets better, I found the key I threw away a week later! I put the key in my vest pocket and forgotten.
All this is funny, because seeing my key wouldn't even help with that particular problem. :)
Anyway, I haven't locked my keys in the car either!

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing, and I haven't locked my keys in my car, either.
...Then again I can't actually lock my door unless it's shut and I have the key, so it would be nearly impossible to lock myself out ;)