Monday, June 11, 2012

Scarf, Mirror Mirror and the Odyssey



Sunday afternoon I asked my brother if he thought my hair scarf was cool. He said it was interesting. Finally, after much persuasion, he agreed that it was kind of cool. Then he asked, “But what is it?” I told him it was a scarf. He said “But what is it for real?” I again said it was a scarf. And he said – “Oh, it looks like you cut the end off a tablecloth or something.” What a silly boy! I really do love my brother. It is good to be with him again.


The first night I was here we watched Mirror Mirror (which I could not recommend to anyone!) It was still very fun to go to the theater with all five of my brother and sister-in-laws children and watch a film. We got popcorn and rootbeer. Going to the theater makes me just feels like I need that stuff! When we were leaving my brother said the end credits reminded him of Slumdog Millionaire. I said, “That makes sense, they were directed by the same person.” Aaron said something to the effect of that is weird but interesting. I started laughing and said it was a joke. Kelsey, my sister-in-law, looked at Aaron and said “She does the same thing you do.” I am so amused when I say a random thing that doesn’t really make sense. Anyone else?

I’m reading a lot. Very nearly finished with the Odyssey –finally – I’ve gotten super into it and keep thinking about it. Must finish!


p.s. Mirror Mirror and the Odyssey should not be in the same title. Sorry!

1 comment:

David L. Bertsch said...

I'm so happy for you. Reading your stories makes me smile big. Wish we could get there soon. Love, Dad.