Saturday, June 16, 2012

Homesick and Guilty


My trips to Idaho are filled to the brim with loving people. Seriously! I cannot tell you how many times I’ve had my nieces and nephews say they love me. Give hugs. Kisses. Cry when I’m leaving their presence. Ask parents if they can sit by me. Etc. Etc. It’s sweet and it is endearing. And I love them all so much. But it’s not only the children that are loving and expressive. My sister, sister-in-law and brother all tell me how wonderful it is I’m here – with them. And I’m so happy to see them all – to be known. I love to snuggle up and read books, to touch pets and visit gardens, to see dances and play games. It’s wonderful! The only thing is – I’m knee deep in full blown homesickness.

Like, I mean that in a major way.
 


I miss the farm and the animals. 
I miss my friends. 
I miss my little brother (like crazy). 
And my other family too. But it’s not just that. (And I know that I’ll be home soon.) 

I’m also missing the beautiful sky. And the green trees. 
 
And the moisture in the air. And well, I suppose it’d be enough to say the climate in general. I feel a little guilty, but I love Santa Cruz. And that’s that.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Santa Cruz misses you!! Me most of all. I can't wait for you to get back!