Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thankful

I've been sleeping in the living room for the last week. It isn't always the easiest thing because- people go to bed after I do (keeping me awake with bright lights and good conversations.) And get up earlier than I do (waking me up with bright lights and good conversations.) But tonight as I was preparing to bed down on Uriah's mat I realized that I have likely had the best part of the "deal". You see, I've been in the living room because Ivanna got ill. And Uriah isn't sleeping very well because he gave up his comfy mat for me! Anyway - I started listing things I am extremely grateful for... and thought I'd share with you.

I am grateful (and it doesn't really go in this order):

1. Orange Juice from Traders (the unpasteurized kind)
2. My sister-in-law having a new niece or nephew any day
3. The Abbott Family for making music easy
4. Gardening
5. The Word for becoming Flesh
6. My students - who remind me what joy learning is!
7. Lights for being bright and being able to turn them off
8. Laundry
9. Sweeping
10. Naps
11. The Lizard for regularly updating her blog.
12. Hua for being real, but trusting the Lord too.
13. Being able to read
14. Smiles
15. Phone calls - and being able to miss them.

5 comments:

Ivanna said...

Awesome post. I'm glad you're thankful!

Lis said...

I did try calling...

Matt said...

Are you going to the Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco this weekend?

http://www.strictlybluegrass.com

big hair betty said...

This is very sweet! A good reminder to find things to be thankful for all the time!

Lis said...

I tagged you sis, check it out here