Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bees Part 3

Well, the bees ended up leaving during the winter. They probably died or something like that. I thought about bees still - but my deep desire to have them wasn't as strong as it had been.
Until... one day I was talking to my friend. Her son had just started catching bee swarms and was really getting into the whole beekeeping thing. My heart leaped! How amazingly fantastic. I was just a little bit jealous.
A few weeks later I saw the same son at a concert. Fernando Ortega. The concert was really good too. During the conversation I had with the son (who is a friend) my passion for bees returned. I knew - knew - knew I wanted to have some at my home.
And so he brought over a swarm and I fed them. And loved them. And then it was over. We found out later that we had over-fed those stinkers. Lesson learned.
Next time I get a swarm. I'll be ready.


No comments: