Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Time

Since school I've started to realize again how much I actually want to do.
I love reading, relaxing, playing music, cooking, chatting it up with friends, going to the movies, listening to awesome bands, baking, gardening, taking walks, laundry... and the list goes on and on. There are so many things my time and attention can be sucked into - and really - I don't think much of it's "bad." But this season of life is full, and I need to pick what I do with extra care. I know everyone is busy but I just want to put my schedule down here for a week:

Work: 20-35 hours
School: 20 hours
Homework: 20 hours
Commute: 8-10 hours
Sleep: 56 hours
Church: 3 hours
Exercise: 5 hours
Cleaning: 4 hours

That's between 126 and 153 hours of time commitment per week! Which means on a busy week I literally only have 15 "free" hours for the week. (I write "free" because those hours aren't fully free - after all - I need to fit showers, and eating, and getting dressed, and feeding the cat, and visiting my newest niece, and... and... and...)

I don't know exactly how to make everything work all the time - but I'm seriously grateful for the school and work in my life right now. I'm trying to figure out how I can open up my schedule a bit. I don't want to live a life that's too busy. Because I know I'm building habits today - they will last my lifetime. And I serve a God who is not too busy - I'd like to figure out a way to reflect that better.
 
Any thoughts or suggestions for making that happen in my life? 

2 comments:

Ivanna said...

Maybe you could "chat it up" with friends while you are cleaning and exercising = 9 hours
Do some study while at work = 2 for 1. I know you can only do that while you're in the back.
Eat while doing homework. Shower less often. Sleep in your clothing so you don't have to get dress so much. Let someone else feed the cats. :)
But, good thing you mentioned you need to visit your newest niece. She wouldn't have liked being left out of your very important things to do! We love you!!!

David L. Bertsch said...

Likes Ivanna's comment.