Monday, October 22, 2012

Baby Shower Invites

I am working on Baby Shower Invites for my sister Ivanna and Keziah (her daughter). Some of you dear friends are invited, and some aren't. It's awful making lists and knowing that there isn't a location large enough to have every person you know and love attend.

I wanted to hand make the invitations. I made a number of invitations for Ivanna and Adam's wedding - which was really fun. They turned out great. Then, I had made a large amount of paper and used it. Very cool.

I don't have my paper making stuff anymore. (Rehomed to a good friend.) So I bought cardstock. I didn't plan far enough in advance and had to pay $0.99 per page. I cut them into 1/4's, so that makes 10 sheets. $9.90.

I printed 40 pictures at $0.13 for a total of $5.20



Envelopes were also not well planned and I had to buy 100, even though I needed less than half that amount. $9.95.



Stamps are $0.45. Times 40 that equals $18 solid dollars.


I also got two pens and glue. Pens were $1.95 each and glue was $2.95, for a total of $6.85.


Grand Total: $49.90 divide that by 40 and you get about $1.25 per invitation.

I also wrote around 209 letters/symbols per invitation for a grand total of 8360 letters - not including addressing.

But the point is, I feel pretty content with them!

3 comments:

Sue Sutherlin said...

AWESOME!! I am so proud of you!

Ivanna said...

I love it. You are awesome. I hope you have an extra one for me to save for Keziah. I love you!

Zaiah 'n Lis said...

I wish I could go!