Monday, March 5, 2012

Abbigayle Diane Rook

Last week marked the six month date since my niece Abbigayle was born and died. It was a hard week for me, marked by some sweet sorrow. Ivanna and I went to Abbigayle's grave and ordered the lettering for her grave-marker.
Spending time with Ivanna at the Graveyard.



 
 On Tuesday I was able to join Ivanna and my mom for a quick lunch date. It was great to catch up with both of them. Ivanna and I went out to coffee (although neither of us actually drank coffee) and had a longer visit. It was great.
Wearing our matching Bucci glasses. My BEST favorite glasses ever.  They are great glasses and locally made!
 I brought some rosemary special for Joe and Abbigayle's grave. When I go visit I always bring something that means something to me. Sometimes it's part of a branch with flowers that have just burst into bloom. Other times it's forget-me-nots picked at my favorite park in the county. The point, something special and meaningful to me.
Abbigayle's buried with my brother-in-law Joe. I miss them. 



















3 comments:

Drea said...

sweet post... you two look sweet together. Makes me wish i had a sister :)

CLR said...

I've been thinking about you Bertsch's a lot and that includes the Bertsch/Rook lady as well. We love your family. Miss you all. Thank you for the dear post.

David L. Bertsch said...

I think it's wonderful to see your love towards your brothers and sisters. you are so encouraging with words and deeds. May the Lord continue to bless your kind actions and your thoughtfulness.