Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mending My Ways

Last Christmas my mama went all out (well, all out for us) and bought me and my sister Ivanna a beautiful little sewing machine. It is a "brother" and is a basic model. It's very light and compact.

My former sewing machine was a singer - much heavier - and much older. The singer wasn't old enough to be cool though. And after breaking three times while in my possession it was time to say good-bye.

The brother is great, it can do all the small easy things - plus some of the extras. And so, I couldn't believe that it had only been out once since getting it! This is October folks! That means it was getting used about once every 10 months. And I enjoy sewing.

So a few days ago I got all the mending that was in my pile of "need to get this done as soon as you possibly can" - which included three pairs of pants - one blouse and one shirt. I was able to get it all completed in a short while about an hour and a half (I did have a few hick-ups along the way.)

I will certainly be sewing more in the near future. I have the machine out and fabric waiting to be stitched!

(And I wish I took pictures for you! I decided I need to get a camera because papa's camera is NEVER around when I want it! Or the batteries are dead.)

2 comments:

Lis said...

Hmm, perhaps I'll add onto Papa's list a little list for you...all my mending.

Ivanna said...

Having personally benefited from your mending ways - I'm grateful.