Friday, July 4, 2008

Idaho, Sunburns, 4th of July

It's been fun seeing my family here. We've busily passed a week together. Mostly it's been pretty low key. We've visited in the Spence and Idaho Bertsch family homes. We did go to a late night movie (it started at 11:45). I tend to be an early to bed-er, but dusk doesn't happen until just after 10pm. How can it feel like night before this? The sun also rises early - dawn starts around 5:30. We've had lots of sun! I've really done my best not to get sunburned. This is likely a normal aim for most people. It became an aim for me after a friend noticed I was often sporting a burn. A comment was made like "But you always have the worst sun burn." This was said to Ivanna who was rather confused, as she had not been sunburned for about a year. After quickly remembering that I had gotten a new sunburn the last 6 weeks straight I confessed it was really me. That was roughly a month ago. I've been much more careful about being in the sun!
Today is the 4th of July, and right now I can hear (and see if they are close enough) fireworks. Now that's really different from home!

1 comment:

Lis said...

Hope your sunburn is taming down...and don't you think about blaming me for this one.