Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Middle of Week 14

This week I've done things I'd never before done.
I complained.

Like to the Chair of a Department at SCHOOL.

And I took a school week night off.
And watched a movie and didn't do homework.
And I fell in love again - with dashes and fragmented sentences.

Powerful love.

Over the weekend I read a really great article about being a committed complainer. 
It made me realize how often I'm willing to complain without doing anything about it. 
I don't want to be that type of complainer. 
I know venting is important. I get that. 

But I also know that sometimes I really need to do something about a situation. 
Instead, I complain and it makes me feel a little better. 
Then I don't do what actually should have happened. 
I want to grow in that area of my life. 
I want to be more proactive and less knit-picky.

I also saw The Great Gatsby. Which I loved.
Really.
It's beautiful.
Not everyone in the group I went with loved though.
So be ye warned.

No comments: