Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Angry People

On my way to the beach to relax between class and work
(usually it's homework hour but NOT today!)
I stopped for four people crossing the road.
It was the right thing to do.
I looked in my rear view mirror in time to see the guy
behind me pitch a temper fit.
He threw his hands up in the air and got his face red yelling at me
(and the pedestrians?)
I thought it was ridiculous.
 
Why use up energy to get mad like that?
Who does that?! It's just such a waste.
As I continued driving I saw him speed past a line of cars
and swerve to get ahead... For what?
 
In the end when we parted paths he was one whole car ahead of me.
He turned and faded from view and I thought of the times in my life
when there have been things that I cannot control and I lose it.
Someone lets me down, slows me down, brings me down,
so I get angry, throw a fit, worry and fret, for what?!
It's never fixed the problem yet.
 
I want to be the sort of person who loves people.
Who is gracious to people.
And I'm not yet. But may that day draw ever closer!
I wait and I hope.

No comments: