Monday, April 28, 2008

And the Alternator Fails...

Car troubles. We all have them some time or another right? Here's one of my (ehhmmm.. of many!) stories.

When I was 17, my sister, a friend and I took a trip to Milbre driving the Blazer. Which by the way was loads of fun to drive.
We were driving home late at night in the dark. A heavy fog had fallen over Hwy 17 - which I courageously drove through. We were heading to Felton so I got onto Mt. Hermon Rd. After driving through Scotts Valley I suddenly noticed the headlights had dimmed. I asked my passengers if they noticed... They had! By the time we got to Gram Hill Rd. The headlights were weaker.... Hwy 9 they were almost gone. We finally approached my friends road with almost nothing left. But it was dark and we thought it'd be safest to continue on our way. This of course was our 17 years of wisdom thinking. We arrived in her driveway with no headlights, driving by the dim moonlight, unharmed, but slightly rattled.

Exciting times!

3 comments:

Lis said...

And this was before the days of cell phones, at least for you. I wonder if we've had more car problems then most, I mean I can't even recall how many times I've broken down or run out of gas...remember when my gas pedal got stuck?

Osanna said...

Yes! We were living on the brink of danger.

Alison said...

I'd say we've both had our close calls with death and danger because of cars that are on the fritz...Yikes!
You must recall the conversation in your car yesterday about the similarity of our dads...